Friday, February 22, 2008

Road Warrior

Work is sending me to Pittsburgh, PA for a week of training. I am really excited about it! I will be leaving for a week and returning on the Friday of Nathan's 6th birthday.

Now, Nathan is a very precise child. He will make an excellent engineer or architect someday. He comes to me with a piece of paper, nicely folded, and on this paper he has written "Energon HotShot Transformer" in his best 6 year old handwriting. This is the only thing on the paper. He hands the paper to me and says: "Dad, this is my birthday list. Put it in a place where you will remember it!"

A list? A list of one thing? Wow, does this boy know his parents, or what? I can just hear his brain going "If I tell them three things they won't get any of them, but if I tell them only one thing, I just might have a shot!!"

Anyhow, as I proceed to put the "list" in my pocket, he tells me: "DAD!! you can't put it in your pocket or you'll loose it! Here," as he grabs the list from me "put it somewhere safe."

"OK, son, tell you what, I'll put it in my wallet. You know I always have my wallet with me, right?"

Nathan nods his head, "Yeah, I guess that's good."

"Do you know what Nathan? I am going to go all the way to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania to bring you back a birthday present, how does that sound." I ask him.

"DAD!! They have it right at Meijer it's only down the road." (insert look on face: My parents are hopeless!!)

No comments: