Monday, March 3, 2008

Warning, I gotta add some mush.

The whole reason I started posting about the important people in my life, was to let all my readers know about the people who guided me through growing-up and who helped me to, well, GROW-UP.

There are a few more people I have to talk about. It will take a few posts. . .

First, my Mother. She only got a passing reference in a single entry, but she has been there for me, always. I take for granted that my readers know how much I appreciate all that she has done for me. But maybe you don't know. My mom always encouraged me. Never let me believe I wasn't capable of anything. She was my den mother, in cub scouts, my taxi driver in middle and high school and my moral compass throughout everything.

Just because you have a compass, though, doesn't mean you look at it as often as you should! But a compass will always guide you back when you find yourself off the road and lost in the wilderness. Mom, you always guided me back, and you still do.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I would like to add a personal thank you to my mother-in-law for raising such an incredible man.
He is the kind of husband woman dream about and parents hope their daughters will find.
Thanks Mom

Anonymous said...

I have to add here that all of my life, but especially when I was 7 years old, your incredible mom became my "other" mother. Your description of her is perfect - I know I owe much of my self esteem and other good qualities to her! She also made a great transition from mothering me to becoming my friend...

RJ said...

anon,

I figured out who you were by this comment, glad I started with this one first . . . Would love it if you could at least leave a bigger hint next time, though :)

I think that transition took a lot of time for her, and I am not sure it was ever complete. I think she still worries about you three as much as she worries about us four. But, we all turned out pretty darn good, so I think she should take a little credit. She's been so down lately, I hope when she retires next year she'll be happier.